[geeklog-devel] Editor for Gl2 Content Plugin

Damien Hodgkin dracul01 at gmail.com
Thu Aug 2 13:13:51 EDT 2007

Ok, so I have been working really hard on the content plugin, I am now
implementing the editor. As of right now it has a very basic xhtml editor.
I am trying to figure out what would be best to use for a more advanced
editor, like Gl1 uses FCKEditor. I want to know what everyone thinks.
I've been eyeballing TinyMCE, as it is small and easy to integrate, just two
lines of code.

Now what I would like to know, from everyone is:
1. How does everyone feel about the current editor in Gl1?
2. If the editor were to change in Gl2 would it disappoint people?
3. If you were to replace the editor what would you use?
4. what if the content plugin used a add-in feature so a different editor
could be added later on, replacing the "standard" or "default" editor that is
put in place?

Your help and guidance is greatly appreciated.
--
Best Regards,
Damien