[geeklog-devel] Fwd: locales

Joe Mucchiello joe at ThrowingDice.com
Tue Aug 7 10:26:59 EDT 2007

At 03:31 AM 8/7/2007, Oliver wrote:
>Euan, I generally agree with you but I made the experience that
>locales are different in every operating system and there is no
>clear standard that is followed. Correct me if I am wrong there.

No, you are right. The help page for setlocale is full of exceptions
for Windows and AIX. PEAR has two class trees for
Internationalization I18N and I18Nv2. Both are beta. But they do
encapsulate the differences between Unix and Windows. Someone serious
about adding locales to Geeklog should look into those packages.

----
Joe Mucchiello
Throwing Dice Games
http://www.throwingdice.com