[geeklog-devel] Webservices API in CVS

Blaine Lang devel at portalparts.com
Sat Aug 11 21:08:18 EDT 2007

Hi Dirk,

I like the generic API PLG_invokeService and agree that being generic it
can be of use.

Although, I think the full power of webservices would be seen if we did
implement security and this is how it could be implemented:

You send a "authenticate" verb with you username and  password and get
back a secure oid (object id) that is like the MD5 password field now.
This is not something a hacker would easily get. Now once we have the
oid, it would be passed in as a parm for all secure calls.

RSS Feeds are great for public access data. But what if I wanted to have
remote access to secure files or forum posts. Someone could post now to
the forum as their userid. I think without security, all requests are
anonymous and I'm trying to think of where this is better then the RSS
feeds API.

get list_forums
get list_forum_topics
post reply