[geeklog-devel] Links plugin

Heather Engineering info at heatherengineering.com
Sun Aug 19 05:40:22 EDT 2007

Hi,

Here is a patch to the cvs nightly with my work on the Links plugin
so far, and a tarball with the complete plugin.

As with the existing CVS version, Links 1.2 will now only work with
the CVS version of Geeklog, so cannot be released before the next
update of Geeklog.

Currently missing access assignments, features and phpblocks on
uninstall. I've tried to get a CVS nightly working, but I don't have
time now and it is clear that there are major changes in that area.
Someone will have to look into this with a working install of Geeklog
1.4.2. (I just copied accross lib-admin and lib-plugin, and bits of
lib-common to an install of 1.4.1).

Notes:

1) redirect on save works for links, but I added an extra category
type to portal.php - this is not working properly on saving
categories when $_LI_CONF['aftersave'] = 'item'.

2) Edited icons_array in lib-admin.php in two locations adding
'delete' and 'addchild' (in patch), image attached should be moved to
layout/theme/images/addchild.png

3) Added <br clear="all"> to admin list template (in patch) as
category list table was not clearing menu items

4) Mouseover text for addchild and delete is not correct for category
list - can't see where to correct this

5) category dropdown has javascript onchange submitForm(), but also
button "Go". Remove button? check for javascript activation?

Tested as root, links admin, submitter, and seems OK at the moment to
me, but testing and comments needed before this hits CVS.

 From Tues Aug 21 to Weds Sep 26 I will be all over Japan, HK, the
UK, and Germany so this is as far as I can go right now. If I can
pass this back for someone else to run with, that would be great. If
not, I'll look at it again some time in October.

Dirk, you don't happen to live in Munich by any chance? I'll be there
the evening of Sep 16/morning of Sep 17.

Euan.