[geeklog-devel] Feature Request: ADMIN_list (2 requests)

Oliver Spiesshofer oliver at spiesshofer.com
Thu Aug 23 00:52:42 EDT 2007

Joe,

IMHO, an additional hidden input does _exatly_ the same as an attached
get-variable in the Url. The url is inserted in the admin-list function
call. You can edit that there easily. The only difference is that you
retrieve the value with get instead of post. I will think about adding
additional input places in the template where you can add additional
text/html/buttons/whatever, but there has to be a limit to where that is
possible, so I will probably come up only with one or two locations, I
guess that will be enough anyhow.

I am _seriously_ worrying however that every further complication to the
function is serving a maximum of 2-3 people that dig the code completely
in all detail.
I would very much make an effort first to document both functions in
detail in the geeklog wiki. Before we can make sure that the current
functions are understood and usable then we should not make the whole
thing more complicated. Therefore I would like to invite you to help me
to write a better and very detailed documentation in the wiki. I am
ready to fix problems like the one mentioned before but not to add more
things before the documentation is done.

sorry if this comes twice, I had problems with my smtp.

Oliver