[geeklog-devel] [geeklog-cvs] Geeklog-1.x/system lib-admin.php, 1.113, 1.114

Joe Mucchiello joe at ThrowingDice.com
Wed Aug 29 09:16:47 EDT 2007

At 05:34 AM 8/29/2007, Oliver wrote:
>display the menu by itself instead of piping it through the
>admin-list-functions

I understand why you would create the ADMIN_menu function. What I
don't understand is why you changed the interface to
ADMIN_list/ADMIN_simpleList. Couldn't the list functions just call
ADMIN_menu? That would minimize the code changes wouldn't it? This
change means no 1.4.1 plugins that use ADMIN_{simple|}list are
compatible with 1.4.2.

The call to ADMIN_menu could have been done in ADMIN_list:

    if ($text_arr['has_menu'])  {
         retval .= ADMIN_createMenu($menu_arr, $text_arr['title'],
$text_arr['icon']);
    }

Perhaps removing it from ADMIN_simpleList makes sense (as it makes
the function simpler). But having to change all those other lists
seems like a waste of time. If the interface to the list functions
keeps changing, it makes them less useful for a library function.

----
Joe Mucchiello
Throwing Dice Games
http://www.throwingdice.com