[geeklog-devel] WebServices Atom testing with Livewriter - object reference not set to an instance of an object - Error.

Blaine Lang devel at portalparts.com
Sat Dec 1 13:20:11 EST 2007

Been trying to get the WebServices in GL 1.5CVS to work on my hosted
test site. It was working fine locally but everytime I tried to create
the Livewriter account for the remote site, I would get the dreaded
"object reference not set to an instance of an object". Un-installing
and re-installing livewriter did not change the issue. I had posted one
story to the site successfully but then it  started with the client
object error which was not very helpful.

I installed livewriter on another computer this morning and had the same
damm object error trying to connect to the remote site. Looking at the
one story I had published to the site was nothing un-usual. Deleted it
anyways and what do you know - both clients start working again!

So hoping this helps others.

Blaine