[geeklog-devel] Atom WebServices and Hosted Server Authentication

Ramnath R Iyer casual.dodo at gmail.com
Sat Dec 1 15:22:04 EST 2007

On Saturday 01 December 2007 14:41:31 Blaine Lang wrote:
> How were you going to set $_REQUEST['gl_auth_digest']?

The same way that you set $_SERVER['REMOTE_USER']; I did not go into the
details of the htaccess configuration required.

> What we need now is to finalize which variable to test  for and document
> the .htaccess requirement.

Any variable that does not carry useful information already. There is no
significance attached to this variable otherwise, because it will never be
used by GL once the credentials have been passed to PHP.

I recommend using $_SERVER[<var>] rather than $_REQUEST[<var>], because
somebody might want to use <var> as a GET or POST variable name. REMOTE_USER
is not a reserved variable (according to
http://us.php.net/reserved.variables) so this seems to be the right thing to
use.

--
Ramnath R Iyer