[geeklog-devel] gophp5.org

Tony Bibbs tony at tonybibbs.com
Fri Jul 6 11:03:53 EDT 2007

It's going a step further it seems.  This was just posted on PHP-DEV a half hour ago by Derick Rathens:

[snip]
With the nice PHP 5 / PHP 6 unicode semantics thread under way I am
trying to gauge what people feel about dropping support for PHP 4 at the
end of this year. That does not mean that we will not fix security
issues, we have to as the install base is too large, but that would be
the only thing that would warrant a new release. I already sort of
mentioned this on april 1st, but I think we should come with a slightly
more official statement. Your votes please (only -1 and +1 are
allowed)!
[/snip]

The first half dozen or so responses have all been +1 to drop support for PHP4 with the clear exception of security fixes.

--Tony