[geeklog-devel] Wiki docs

Dirk Haun dirk at haun-online.de
Tue Jul 10 14:58:12 EDT 2007

I've poked around a bit in our wiki (simply hitting "random page" a few
times). We have some nice articles in there, but also huge holes. I
wonder what we could do to motivate people to contribute more?

The thing that bugs me the most, though, is the separation into 1.3 and
1.4 docs. I think this doesn't make a lot of sense as there isn't really
a lot that has changed between the two versions. Remember that we made a
last-minute decision to rename 1.3.12 to 1.4.0, mostly because it
finally got rid of the requirement for register_globals = on.

My suggestion would be to merge the two versions again, keeping the most
up to date or detailed page of each branch. In the process, we could
also get rid of a lot of ugly pages names ("TOC14" vs. "Complete_TOC"
for the table of contents, for example).

Any volunteers?

Geeklog Day at FrOSCon: August 25, 2007 - See you there!
http://www.geeklog.net/article.php/geeklog-day-at-froscon