[geeklog-devel] Plugin help --- Package Extractor

Michael Jervis mjervis at gmail.com
Thu Jun 14 11:34:28 EDT 2007

Hmm,

I saw this as mostly different.

PEAR channels gets a plugin and installs it. This installs an already
gotten plugin. As noted when I looked at the PEAR Stuff, I can see a
lot of situations, like mine for example, where PEAR channels are not
a viable way of installing/maintaining things for the various server
control related reasons.

What's Joe's script does is simplify the process of tar -zf
plugin.tgz, mkdir /path/to/public_html/plugin, mv
/path/to/plugins/plugin/public_html/* /path/to/public_html/plugin etc,
which if my inbox is anything to go buy still confuses many geeklog
users.