[geeklog-devel] Webservices API (was: Student wakeup call)

Dirk Haun dirk at haun-online.de
Fri Nov 2 13:21:55 EDT 2007

Dirk Haun wrote:

>Two other issues I found may actually be my fault: When editing an entry
>through appfs, the entry is assigned a new ID. It works fine with the
>new ID, but it shouldn't do that (a PUT should not change the ID). And
>it only picks up the first child element of a content <div>.
>
>I'll look into those two myself.

For the record: Turns out the problem with the changing ID / sid is vi's
fault, not appfs'. When saving a file, vi deletes the old version of the
file first and then creates a new copy under the same name. Since the
file name is the story's title in this context, we get a story with the
same title but the original ID is lost. This does not happen when using
some other editor, e.g. pico.

I don't think it's worth trying to come up with any clever hacks to work
around this and somehow save the original ID.

The other problem mentioned above (picking up only the first child
element of the content div) has been fixed in CVS.

http://www.geeklog.net/
http://geeklog.info/