[geeklog-devel] SQL stuff

Randy Kolenko randy at nextide.ca
Mon Nov 5 08:04:48 EST 2007

I did some more digging last night in the Replace INTO approximation for
SQL server support.
As it turns out, the DB_Save routine is the only area that does a
REPLACE INTO approximation.
So in essence, leaving the Replace into in the stories area will not
work for sql server.

In Fact, I do not recommend even using DB_SAVE to replace the replace
into statements as it is an approximation.  We should really be sticking
to standard SQL (portable SQL).  Using the proper UPDATES or INSERTS is
the proper way to resolve this.

-randy