[geeklog-devel] SQL stuff

Dirk Haun dirk at haun-online.de
Mon Nov 5 13:55:27 EST 2007

Oliver Spiesshofer wrote:

>Chances are that a bunch of plugins are using the DB_save.
>So you rather keep the DB_save but edit its code instead.

To clarify: Code that calls DB_save should always be fine. DB_save is
translated into method calls for the current DB class in use (MySQL or
MS SQL) and therefore will "do the right thing".

The problem is that the story class has a hard-coded REPLACE INTO now
(it didn't exist in 1.4.1) and if you're using MS SQL, that will have to
be emulated by Randy's layer.

I haven't even tried to understand the code there, so I don't know if it
can be easily replaced with a DB_save or if it needs a combination of
DELETE and INSERT.

Mike?

http://geeklog.info/