[geeklog-devel] caching template library

Joe Mucchiello joe at ThrowingDice.com
Sun Nov 25 14:38:56 EST 2007

Mark,

I have one more patch. It's a sneaky one though. It was something I'd
thought about doing before but seeing the CVS activity for the XHTML
patch it's something I wished I'd done sooner. Basically I added an
array to the $TEMPLATE_OPTIONS array that contains vars pulled into
all templates. Originally the idea was for stuff like {site_url} =>
$_CONF['site_url'] but now I see it would be most useful for {xhtml}.
Not having to do the set_var('xhtml', XHTML) all throughout the code
makes a lot of sense to me.

Wish I had done it sooner. Could have saved Oliver a lot of code patching.

The sneaky bastard in me want to post a message to the list about
this feature like it's existed all along. "Hey, I just noticed this
in CVS a lot: set_var('xhtml', XHTML)... one of the unsung features
of the caching template code would have meant only doing it once. Oh
well." But I only just wrote it. And it probably wouldn't change
anything. Well, it's there now for 1.5.1. Hopefully I'll remember how
it works when they do another release in 9 months.

----
Joe Mucchiello
Throwing Dice Games
http://www.throwingdice.com