[geeklog-devel] caching template library

Mark R. Evans mevans at ecsnet.com
Thu Nov 29 21:00:17 EST 2007

Joe,

I have just implemented the {!if} processing into the latest development
version of Media Gallery.  I've decided that since this caching library
works so well, it is going to be a requirement to run the next release of
Media Gallery.

I still have a bit more work to do, but I must tell you it has really
streamlined my PHP code.  If I need something, I set it in the code and no
longer need to initialize the variable to ''.  It has also made it a bit
easier to control some of the design items.  For example, on the main index
page if there were sub-albums, then I needed a column to display the
subalbum info, for those albums that had none, it just had a blank column.
Now I can check if lang_subalbum is set, if not, dynamically call a td
colspan=2 and use the whole page width for that album display.

Very cool stuff and I'm sure I'm only scratching the surface of its
capabilities.

Too bad the core team doesn't want to use it, but I can assure you that many
folks will if they want to take advantage of all the new, neat features in
Media Gallery :)

Thanks!
Mark