[geeklog-devel] PLG_itemDisplay?

Oliver Spiesshofer oliver at spiesshofer.com
Mon Oct 8 10:56:22 EDT 2007

I remember now I introduced that function myself but due to the upcoming
discussion it was never used.
The reason was that plugins should be able to modify or analyze
information before display if desired.
Simply adding a template variable with plugin_templatesetvars_xxx  would
require that the plugin is installed together with a template using the
variable, and the actual content of the item cannot be seen by the
plugin then anyhow. It would be great if the function could be called in
the plugin api instead so that the plugin could read the variables of
the template out, modify them and then send them back for further
processing. I guess that would cover most of the items needed.

any thoughts on this?

Oliver