[geeklog-devel] New GL default theme

=MF=Geiss geiss at midnightforce.com
Sun Oct 14 13:37:55 EDT 2007

Quoting Oliver: "I don't know about the XHTML changes submitted.
However, a LOT of the HTML code created in the functions is pure HTML,
not XHTML. I would suggest that we start using XHTML after the complete
PHP-generated HTML is able to output both depending on a config setting."

I may be mistaken, but I believe that the translation to XHTML included
all the core php files, not just the .thtml files. If you look in the
original archive (which I've attached to this email), you'll see that it
looks like a full GL rewrite (at least to my untrained eye ;-) ). Also,
if you visit the test site referenced in
http://eight.pairlist.net/pipermail/geeklog-devel/2007-September/002350.html
which is http://www.trybase.com/~sun/ you can see that it validates
XHTML 1.0 Transitional.

 From lib-common.php line 903:
                          $feed_url[] = '<link rel="alternate"
type="application/'
                          . $format_type . '+xml" hreflang="' .
$A['language']
                          . '" href="' . $baseurl . $A['filename'] . '"
title="'
                          . $format_name . ' Feed: ' . $A['title'] . '" />';

 From story.php line 550:
$featured_options = "<input type=\"hidden\" name=\"featured\"
value=\"0\" />";

So, can someone confirm this? I believe, dengen
(http://eight.pairlist.net/pipermail/geeklog-devel/2007-September/002350.html)
went to a lot of effort to go through this. I'm sure there have been
code changes since they converted to XHTML from the CVS snapshot of
Sept. 17th. I would think it important to capitalize on these wonderful
changes before the codebases become too different.

Thx!

Eric "Geiss" Warren