[geeklog-devel] New GL default theme

=MF=Geiss geiss at midnightforce.com
Tue Oct 23 01:39:41 EDT 2007

To quote Dirk:
"XHTML should be an option so that when you start a new site, you can
make the decision to do it in XHTML...
bye, Dirk"

Sounds like a call to action to me. :-)

Me personally, I don't want to wait another year for this to be
implemented. I think it would be too painful to bear. :-)

Perhaps involving the community at large on this decision would help.
Why not put up a poll on GL.net asking if they are willing to wait
another month or so beyond November to re-tool the code for XHTML and a
new theme. Judging by the response I've received to the "Feelers for a
new theme" threads on GL.net and gllabs.org, I think folks would be
really excited. This, coupled with the fact that there will definitely
be a beta release, RC's and then a final release, gives ample
opportunity to fine tune things, and not just slap something in at the
last minute.

As the theme I am working on now stands, it is HTML 4.01 Transitional. I
could release this version, and then 1.5 final could include the XHTML
1.0 Transitional version.

Thoughts?

Thx!

Eric