[geeklog-devel] New GL default theme

Oliver Spiesshofer oliver at spiesshofer.com
Wed Oct 24 21:08:27 EDT 2007

geiss at midnightforce.com wrote:
> I think some things are better left as tables at this point (admin
> menu lists and what not), but as far as the main layout goes, I would
> work towards tableless design.
Of course tabular information belongs into tables.

> Traditionally, my theme ports have taken 3-4 weeks of casual work in
> the evenings to complete. That's from start to packaged release. With
> this one being 80% done, I estimate 2-3 weeks to finish it up (I'm
> including a few days to learn my way around Tortoise CVS and what not
> in there as well. :-) ) So that would put us mid November I would
> imagine for a beta if you're waiting on me. Also, we can continue to
> tweak/bugfix things, if need be, in RCs all the way to final release.
>
> Again, the push for XHTML is not tied to this theme. Right now, the
> doctype is HTML 4.01 Transitional and can remain as such for release.
I would be happy with a strict doctype. I introduced that one for 1.4.1
and would like to keep it. Transitional has too many uncertainties when
you want to do CSS in details.
>  All along I have developed primarily in FF2, but have daily checked
> my work in IE6&7, Safari on PC (sorry, don't have a Mac), and Opera.
> To my knowledge, the theme renders uniformly across browsers. (If I
> missed something, please let me know.) :-)
You extras-button on the bottom of the page is off the charts in Opera.

Oliver