[geeklog-devel] New GL default theme

Heather Engineering info at heatherengineering.com
Thu Oct 25 23:19:32 EDT 2007

田原さん

MLへようこそ。ご意見ありがとうございました。
何か協力できることがあれば、教えてください。

ユアン

I get the impression people are bloody busy right now, as things are
a little silent on some fronts. Also, that several conversations are
getting confused:

(1) if the remaining bits of HTML output by the Geeklog core are
removed to templates, then there should be no problem in creating
HTML or XHTML sites as the core would be "markup agnostic".
(2) Eric is creating a very nice theme, and can do it in XHTML if needed
(3) the discussion of the use of tables is irrelevant - this can be
on a theme-by-theme basis, as the core would be markup agnostic and
now leftblocks and rightblocks can be set on a theme-by-theme basis
in functions.php
(4)  plugins can also be made "markup agnostic" by using provided
core templates for "<br>" or "<br />" and such like, but it doesn't
matter if plugins do not conform exactly at first - this can be
rectified over time.
(5) there have been some people getting flustered about communication
in the forum and on this list recently.

As I see it the only real questions are the "feature freeze" for 1.5
and communication. So:

(1) what is the position on templating before 1.5, and
(2) if permitted, who will do it?
(3) if not permitted, let's have a roadmap for it. And let's have a
roadmap anyway (doesn't have to be a timeline). All the cool kids
these days do everything in Trac (http://trac.edgewall.com/) or it
should be easy to throw together a simple plugin for GL.

I haven't looked, so I don't know how big a job going code-agnostic
is. Dengen, why don't you post a patch to current CVS so that we get
an idea of your changes and if it is feasible for 1.5? I see several
votes for XHTML, and only Dirk holding back - though I think the
question of community democracy is less relevant than (2) above. :-)

My 2 yen.

Euan.