[geeklog-devel] Upgrade issue: No stories to display

Dirk Haun dirk at haun-online.de
Sat Sep 1 15:30:48 EDT 2007

Okay, so after disabling the Polls plugin and its upgrade code, I was
able to update a copy of the geeklog.net db (it didn't upgrade the Links
plugin but did upgrade the static pages plugin - have to look into that).

Anyway, I was somewhat surprised to get the message "No stories to
display" on the homepage. The Topics block was also empty.

Turns out that the upgrade enabled multi-language support.

Matt, Aaron - there's something going wrong here. I see code in the
install script to read the old config.php into the database and that
seems to work for most settings.

My guess is that for settings that are commented out (like those for the
multi-language support) it uses default values from the
mysql_1.4.1_to_1.4.2.php upgrade file. That needs to be cleaned up.

http://geeklog.info/