[geeklog-devel] geeklog-devel Digest, Vol 5, Issue 31

Michael Brusletten ironmax at spacequad.com
Sat Sep 1 23:24:54 EDT 2007

Ramnath R Iyer wrote,

> On Wednesday 29 August 2007 17:05:32 Dirk Haun wrote:
> > Actually, that was discussed briefly at FrOSCon and the result was that
> > we should probably have _more_ developer news and discussions on the
> > site. Currently, you don't see any of the discussions that are happening
> > on this list mirrored on the site which could lead to the impression
> > that there is no real development happening.
> >
> > mozilla.com probably isn't the best example. We _want_ users to return
> > to geeklog.net regularly. And therefore, we have to give them something
> > to make sure they do. Like news and discussions.
>
> I don't have any objections to putting more (or less) content on the website.
> What I'm talking about is the separation of this content, so that users who
> know nothing about PHP etc. can simply view GL as a complete product. For
> example, you could put up a few download links, some nice pictures, tell them
> about the great features, and give them an idea of what they can expect in
> the next release.
>
> The *developer* site would focus on all the development news and discussions.
> You could even put the archives of this list on this site.

Currently, where and who's hosting the developers site?  Do we currently have one at all that the public knows about?  If it come's
down to it, I would be willing to host the site if its not already taken.  Ever since the demo.geeklog.net site has been moved over
to Spacequad, there has not been a drain on any resources on the system its held on.  So there is plenty of room to have more.