[geeklog-devel] leftblocks rightblocks

Heather Engineering info at heatherengineering.com
Mon Sep 10 08:07:50 EDT 2007

Something I need for a client's theme:

Currently, there is a setting in config.php to allow leftblocks to be
parsed to the footer template.

I would like to request that this is extended to allow you to set,
for each theme, where the left and right blocks are parsed. This
should be a setting in functions.php (more logical than in config.php
as you can imagine that different themes would have different
requirements) to show whether leftblocks and rightblocks are each
parsed.

functions.php

$_CONF_THEME = array ();
/**
* Where to show leftblocks and rightblocks?
* Can be either 'left' or 'right' or 'none' for each
*/
$_CONF_THEME['leftblocks'] = left;
$_CONF_THEME['rightblocks'] = left;

Also related might be the "enable right blocks" setting in
config.php: is this something that might be better set in functions.php?

lib-common.php: search for "left_blocks_in_footer" shows two
locations, one in COM_siteHeader and one in COM_siteFooter obviously.
If the code for showing right blocks in the footer were copied to the
header, that should do it. Just have to decide to prioritise the left
blocks above the right blocks (this is what I want), or merge the
arrays of blocks together, and change the show/noshow to be based on
the new $_CONF_THEME array.

Any support for this? If there is I'll make a patch to the current
CVS nightly.

Cheers,

Euan.