[geeklog-devel] code scrubbing: stripslashes

Joe Mucchiello joe at ThrowingDice.com
Sun Sep 16 10:35:00 EDT 2007

At 05:17 AM 9/16/2007, Vincent Furia wrote:
>Joe,
>
>Just out of curiosity, have you done any timing comparisons to see if
>this has an impact on performance (either for good or ill)?

On my hosted PHP4 system with magic_quotes on, the two methods seem
to take about the same amount of time. My home PHP5 system with
magic_quotes off also sees no difference.

The value of this modification I think though is in removing the need
for COM_stripslashes. And I wonder if it would be noticeably
different if the calls to COM_stripslashes were removed from code entirely.

----
Joe Mucchiello
Throwing Dice Games
http://www.throwingdice.com