[geeklog-devel] CSS-Layout possible!

Oliver Spiesshofer oliver at spiesshofer.com
Tue Sep 18 01:50:13 EDT 2007

Brainstorming...
To create a new layout with CSS, we would could have a function that
does the whole layout which looks like this

(of course this is a concept draft, not working code)

function COM_displayPage($leftblocks=true, $rightblocks=true,
$stories=true, $header=true, $footer=true, $topic='')

if the function is called, it looks the same as index.php with stoires etc.
If any of the boolean is not true, it has to contain the alternative
content for that part of the page.
If false, that part will not display.

This function would call a template for the page as a whole, such as
sitebody.thtml
We could from there call COM_siteHeader and -Footer, and give each of
them the option not to show anything inbetween the <body></body>-tags.
The code that creates content below the <body>-tag in COM_siteHeader
would be moved to completely new functions and then called by both
COM-siteHeader and COM_displayPage.

This would allow a transition to a more compact display of a page and
more flexibility for future layout changes etc.

Did I miss something here?

Oliver