[geeklog-devel] Setup issues with the DB-driven config

Dwight Trumbower dwight at trumbower.com
Wed Sep 19 09:06:19 EDT 2007

Yeah that was me. I forgot the pear for cvs. I would agree that it would be
nice to get in debug mode easier. Though updating the docs for this release
will need to be made too and that will help.

Is there any need to have the config.php with the new storing of parms in
the db? That might help eliminate some confusion for users in the future.

On 9/18/07, Oliver Spiesshofer <oliver at spiesshofer.com> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I think we should think about an emergency switch for debugging to
> config.php for problems with a setup.
> If someone turns out with an empty page and a generic error after
> install (dtrumb just reported that example), the only way to get root
> debug running is by editing the database.
> I think we should have some file that one can edit to enable the debug
> function w/o editing the database.
>
> Oliver

Have a Great Day!

Dwight Trumbower