[geeklog-devel] CSS-Layout possible!

Dirk Haun dirk at haun-online.de
Sat Sep 22 13:42:34 EDT 2007

Oliver Spiesshofer wrote:

>Still, before I do this, I would like to hear if there are any
>objections to that.

Okay, I've finally caught up with this thread. But I fail to see the
real advantage of the proposed changes.

I mean, are there any actual, immediate problems with the way things are
done currently? Quite a few nice new themes have been developed recently
without these changes - would they have made the theme developer's lifes
(significantly) easier? Eric? Mark?

Sure, a fully CSS-based layout would be nice. That's the holy grail of
web development. But with all the proposed changes I wonder if it's worth it.

Not to mention that I was actually hoping to enter a phase of
consolidation of the code base now so we can get a release out ...

http://www.geeklog.net/
http://geeklog.info/