[geeklog-devel] Anonymous CVS access

Joe Mucchiello joe at ThrowingDice.com
Tue Sep 25 19:30:42 EDT 2007

At 01:58 AM 9/25/2007, Oliver Spiesshofer wrote:
>I would setup tortioseCVS if you are working in windows and simply
>download the current CVS instead of relying on the tarball.

Okay, now CVS won't work for me:

$ cvs -d:ext:anonymous at cvs.geeklog.net:/cvsroot/geeklog co Geeklog-1.x
cvs checkout: warning: unrecognized response `'ssh' is not recognized
as an internal or external command,' from cvs server
cvs checkout: warning: unrecognized response `operable program or
batch file.' from cvs server
cvs [checkout aborted]: end of file from server (consult above messages if any)

When I user pserver to sourceforge, it works correctly so I don't
think it's on my end. But who knows.

$ cvs -d:pserver:anonymous at cvsgui.cvs.sourceforge.net:/cvsroot/cvsgui login
Logging in to
:pserver:anonymous at cvsgui.cvs.sourceforge.net:2401:/cvsroot/cvsgui
CVS password: cvs [login aborted]: received interrupt signal

But of course, that doesn't help with the geeklog.net site:

$ cvs -d:pserver:anonymous at cvs.geeklog.net:/cvsroot/geeklog login
Logging in to :pserver:anonymous at cvs.geeklog.net:2401:/cvsroot/geeklog
CVS password: *******
cvs [login aborted]: /cvsroot/geeklog: no such repository

Any thoughts? The CVS isn't very helpful and the forum post mentioned
on the CVS static page has paths that don't match the paths above.

----
Joe Mucchiello
Throwing Dice Games
http://www.throwingdice.com