[geeklog-devel] Upgrade CVS to a distributed repository

Michael Jervis mjervis at gmail.com
Tue Apr 15 02:24:24 EDT 2008

On Tue, Apr 15, 2008 at 3:23 AM, Nick Andrew <nick at nick-andrew.net> wrote:
> I'd like to propose that geeklog moves from the current CVS
>  system into a modern, distributed repository like
>  Mercurial: http://www.selenic.com/mercurial/wiki/
>  or Git: http://git.or.cz/

Interesting idea, on which I would need to do more reading.

But.

The main problem is that Groklaw doesn't publish it's code base. The
fact that Geeklog uses CVS doesn't prevent this. It's easy enough to
track an external repository against a local repository, merging in
your changes and publishing your source.

Just because we don't use Git or Mercurial doesn't mean they can't
publish their source. Switching to Git or Mercurial equally doesn't
mean they will.

Mike