[geeklog-devel] [geeklog-cvs] Geeklog-1.x/sql mssql_tableanddata.php, 1.34, 1.35

Michael Jervis mjervis at gmail.com
Tue Apr 22 03:45:54 EDT 2008

Installed SQL Server 2005 Express on my box at work.

I can't get it to connect at all. SQL Server 2005 installs as a Named
Instance (SQLExpress) and despite enabling TCP/IP communications
protocol and configuring it to listen on a specific port and
specifying a specific port on the hostname following the correct
mssql_connect parameters, it won't connect to the server.

I /could/ try installing a database on one of our development
instances (since I'm r00t) at work and hope no-one notices me breaking
my own rules, but they all require integrated authentication. Which
mssql in PHP doesn't support.

So I give in.