[geeklog-devel] Feed handling of Danish

Dirk Haun dirk at haun-online.de
Mon Apr 28 16:48:53 EDT 2008

Michael Jervis wrote:

>In 1.611 of lib-common.php you committed support for UTF-8 feeds.

The checkin comment mentions feature request #631, which in turn points to

<http://www.geeklog.net/forum/viewtopic.php?showtopic=65417>

The feature request was effectively "this sounds sensible and it should
be implemented". Which is what I did. Apparently without thinking about
it too much ...

>So, we get the charset of a Geeklog instance,and if it's UTF-8 we do
>nothing to the title, if it's not, we utf8_decode the title.

Looking at it in isolation, this seems (or seemed, at the time) to make
perfect sense.

>I believe the correct option is to utf8_decode if and only if the feed
>is UTF-8 and the site is not.

Yep, the check if the feed is using UTF-8 is clearly missing.

So yes, mea culpa. Should have spotted that at the time.

http://geeklog.info/