[geeklog-devel] Question about internationalization and look-ups

Tony Bibbs tony at tonybibbs.com
Fri Feb 8 14:35:52 EST 2008

I'm at a point where I've got some internationalization problems that would make people like Dirk cringe.

When building a view (screen) we have a number of helper methods that do things like create a drop-down:

$this->getDropDown(
    'getActiveListItemsByGroup',
    'Gl2Content->contentTypeId',
    array('CONTENT_TYPE'),
    null,
    'listItemId',
    'description',
    '-- Select Type --');

In my English HTML template I have this:

<select name="Gl2Content->contentTypeId"></select>

...which is replaced by Flexy with the bit of PHP code from above with a fully populated drop down.

Two problems:
1) Values in the drop down come from the database in English only
2) the '-- Select Type --' is meant to be the first option in the drop-down.

Any suggestions on how to elegantly fix these problem?