[geeklog-devel] Configuration GUI: RSS Section

Dirk Haun dirk at haun-online.de
Fri Feb 15 13:40:40 EST 2008

Michael Jervis wrote:

>I think the labels in this area need sorting.

Agreed on pretty much everything you said.

Many of the label texts are still similar to the names of the $_CONF
options that they represent. No need to keep it that way - feel free to
change them when you find they're not clear.

>Length of Stories in Feed doesn't give as much info as the commenting
>in the original file, can we put help text on config like we have on
>install?

There was actually a link to the explanation in docs/config.html next to
every option, but it got lost in one of the earlier iterations of the UI.

Aaron, Blaine: I stumbled over this piece of code last weekend:

  } elseif ($this->ref == 'Core' ) {

But $this->ref is not defined and so it never gets to the piece of code
that would display the link to the documentation. I've disabled it
entirely in CVS for now, but would like to re-activate it since, as Mike
said, we need better explanations. And since we already have that, why
not use it?

So, what was "ref" supposed to be and how would this work for plugins?

http://geeklog.info/