[geeklog-devel] PLG_autouninstall Bug

Michael Jervis mjervis at gmail.com
Sat Feb 23 02:16:36 EST 2008

> The autouninstaller assumes you have data in the config table. There
>  should be an if DB_count() or the DB_query should have the ignore
>  errors flag set true.

A DELETE which delete's no rows does NOT throw an error on any RDBMS
I've ever used, and just to make sure I'm not tripping I just executed
this against my database:
DELETE FROM gl_conf_values WHERE group_name='joe'

No errors.

And I'm 100% certain that the effect on SQL Server is that @@rowcount
is returned as 0 and nothing goes wrong.

I'm also certain that DB_Query won't magically create an error where
one doesn't exist.

If you're going to report a bug, make sure you find a bug first.
Adding a row count is a spurious trip to the database.

Mike