[geeklog-devel] Current CVS version of Geeklog-1.x not working; 'config.php' evidently not being read

Blank, Jessica Jessica.Blank at mtvnmix.com
Thu Feb 28 16:13:24 EST 2008

Hi gang; I am working on porting my LDAP authentication class to the latest CVS build, but I'm being stymied by the CVS build evidently not working. I just did a pull an hour or so ago, and here's what I get when I browse to the root of the site where Geeklog is installed in my browser:

-------
Warning: fopen(error.log): failed to open stream: Permission denied in /XXXXX/public_html/lib-common.php on line 1955
Unfortunately, an error has occurred rendering this page. Please try again later.
-------

(Where 'XXXXX' is the path to the installation of Geeklog 1.x CVS).

So I did some digging. It turns out that it's trying to write to $_CONF['path_log'] . 'error.log', which is fine... The problem, however, is that $_CONF['path_log'] seems to be an EMPTY STRING!

So I did some MORE digging, and found out that, evidently, config.php is not being called at all. I can put print statements in there to try to debug things... but they don't show up. Nada. Nothing happens. I don't think config.php is being included at all.

Can someone else try to verify this problem?

--Jessica