[geeklog-devel] Config GUI issues

=MF=Geiss geiss at midnightforce.com
Thu Jan 3 19:26:21 EST 2008

I'm sure most of you already know this, but for those subscribing to the
list that might not be aware...

Since the styling is applied to the generated markup, I'm not sure there
is a way using the float property for both instances. The PHP spits out
the list as Item1, Item2, Item3, etc... As the browser parses the code,
it will take the first "Item1" and push it either left or right, then
follow it with "Item 2". So the list floated left would look like:

Item1 Item2  Item3 ...

and the list floated right would look like:

                      ... Item3  Item2  Item1

The only way I can think of is to reverse the order in PHP, and include
a left or right alignment radio button, dropdown, etc., and in the PHP
switch the list order output accordingly, or give each menu item a
position variable (perhaps like the block up/down image links) to make
for easy sorting via clicking to move a link up or down.

If you are going to go that far, you might as well include support for
dropdown (parent/child) menu creation. Mark and I are working on this
for the Chameleon plugin, and I don't see any reason why we can't
standardize on a common function. (Chameleon really is about skinning
the menu anyway...) but since there is a feature freeze, I'm not sure
you want to go down that route. I know there is Blaine's premium glMenu
plugin, and while we aren't trying to step on any toes, we do feel that
a free multi-level menu solution for gl is badly needed. ...just my 2
cents. :-)

Hope this helps!

Eric