[geeklog-devel] Comment editing

Dirk Haun dirk at haun-online.de
Sat Jul 19 08:14:56 EDT 2008

I realize the code in the Mercurial repository may be out of date by
now, but I thought I'd mention this anyway:

I've played around with the comment editing and noticed it's adding a
note like so:

CEST by Admin</i></span>

Is the <i> tag necessary? Since we have a <span> for that line anyway,
why not add a CSS rule for that class that displays the text in italics?

Also, can we avoid CamelCaps in CSS class names, please? I know we
already have a few of them, but the majority is using the "somename" or
"some-name" style.

And then I'm wondering if it's a good idea to add that text to the
comment. If an Admin would edit a user's comment and the Admin would use
a different language than the user, you would end up with a mixture of
languages.

To avoid this, though, you would have to store the uid of the editing
person and the timestamp in new fields in the db. Not sure how much
extra work that would create.

Jared, Mike - I don't want to mess with your schedule. Just thought I'd
point these things out.

Btw, as an Admin I should be able to edit a comment even after the edit
time has passed. But I guess this simply hasn't been implemented yet.

http://spam.tinyweb.net/