[geeklog-devel] The road ahead - post 1.5.0

Dirk Haun dirk at haun-online.de
Sun Jul 27 07:23:50 EDT 2008

Michael Jervis wrote:

>I think we should aim to have Geeklog 1.5.1 out by the end of July, it
>should have a specific set of items in it.

(...)

>We should have a beta release mid-July, final release 31st July.

Well, not quite, but we're not too far away either.

We now have a few minor new features in CVS and lots of bug fixes. I'd
say we stop with the new features now and decide on which of the
remaining bugs should be fixed for 1.5.1.

Anybody please peruse the bugtracker to indicate which bugfixes should
be considered for inclusion. And anything that's not listed there
doesn't exist and can't be handled ...

Assuming we don't need any further language file changes for the
bugfixes (e.g. for new error messages), this would now allow us to give
the translators an advance notice.

Theme changes were minimal. I would think a theme for 1.5.0 should work
just fine with 1.5.1 as it is in CVS now.

Still wondering if it's necessary / worth the effort preparing a 1.5.0-1
"strictly bugfixes only" release. Opinions?

http://geeklog.info/