[geeklog-devel] Time to rebrand 2.x

Nick Andrew nick at nick-andrew.net
Thu Jun 12 21:55:47 EDT 2008

On Thu, Jun 12, 2008 at 01:33:55PM -0700, Tony Bibbs wrote:
> Yeah, the name thing would be akin to UI/CSS design discussions
> we've all been in where we can't make everybody happy because one
> person wants padding-left to be 3px and someone else prefers 8px.
> That said the people working with it everyday agreed it was a
> good name.  In the end you can find something wrong with every
> name you come up with...nothing is original. Google reminds me of
> that everyday.

If you call it 'a p t i g e e k' (without the spaces), that would be
unique. Zero hits on it in google, compared to over 1 million for
'aptitude'.

And it's still only 8 letters long. And the .com/.net/.org domain
names are available.

Nick.
--
PGP Key ID = 0x418487E7                      http://www.nick-andrew.net/
PGP Key fingerprint = B3ED 6894 8E49 1770 C24A  67E3 6266 6EB9 4184 87E7