[geeklog-devel] The road ahead - post 1.5.0

Dirk Haun dirk at haun-online.de
Thu Jun 26 16:14:42 EDT 2008

Michael Jervis wrote:

>I'm afraid I'm not as familiar with Mantis as you, do you want to set
>some rules to say this is how we'll mark as must fix in the bug fix
>release and this is what goes in the next release release and we'll
>all follow them?

I don't know everything about Mantis yet either. But I'll think of
something. Need to poke around in some corners first.

>I'd rather see them called 1.5.1, 1.5.2 (this was
>a security release) and 1.5.3 and have the message that the third
>digit is bug fix only, safe to upgrade releases.

Ah, now I get what you mean.

>As safe as the old
>"horrible" version numbers. It's just me so I'll drop it.

Well, I guess I could live with that scheme. As long as we don't fall
into the same trap as WordPress where you sometimes can't get a security
fix without a bunch of new features.

http://geeklog.info/