[geeklog-devel] Strange storage of strings (and other data) in gl_conf_values

Blank, Jessica Jessica.Blank at mtvnmix.com
Mon Mar 3 13:14:12 EST 2008

Hello gang:

	I am working to port my LDAP authentication class to the latest
(as of today, Monday, 3/3/2008) CVS version of geeklog. In the process,
I noticed something odd in the database. In gl_conf_values, strings
aren't stored as 'foo', they're stored like 's:3:"foo";', where 3 is the
length of the string 'foo'.

	Why is this done? It seems unnecessary. Can't the length of a
string be determined with a simple strlen()?

--Jessica