[geeklog-devel] Strange storage of strings (and other data) ingl_conf_values

Mark R. Evans mevans at ecsnet.com
Mon Mar 3 15:17:30 EST 2008

Jessica,

I'm going to make a couple of assumptions, hopefully they are valid.

1. I assume you upgraded an existing GL141 site to the latest CVS
snapshot?  If that is true, I'm assuming when GL141 was installed, it
created the standard admin login called Admin with a password of
'password'.  That user should still be valid?

2. Since you are using the upgraded GL150cvs code, none of your remote
authentication code is in place yet, hence the ability to login locally
using Admin/password.

If these assumptions are invalid, then you may need to take a new approach
to setting up your GL150cvs development system.  You might be better off
creating a completely new site from scratch, running the standard install
and letting the install create the local Admin user.  From there, you can
then start porting your LDAP remote authentication code and probably
address the questions you've already asked, how to convey root privileges
to a remote user.

Good luck!
Mark