[geeklog-devel] Handling of exceptionally long lines that break the visual flow of the page

Blank, Jessica Jessica.Blank at mtvnmix.com
Thu Mar 6 18:33:07 EST 2008

Hello all:

I have run into an interesting problem. For whatever reason (and I have noooooooooo clue why), some of our posts have been infiltrated with a huge number of non-breaking spaces ( s). So many, in fact, that they completely break the layout of the page.

Has any mechanism been put in place between 1.3.7sr1 and the current CVS build that prevents people from breaking the page by posting:

            (etc.)

...and therefore stretching the div that contains the story so wide that it breaks the layout completely?

If not, I have a suggested mechanism, one that works fine for me:

In the style.css file for each theme, add:

  overflow-x:scroll;

...to the .story-body class.

That's it!

Any thoughts?