[geeklog-devel] 1.5 preview?

Dirk Haun dirk at haun-online.de
Sat Mar 15 17:24:04 EDT 2008

I've been kicking around the idea of releasing a "preview" version of
Geeklog 1.5. By which I mean a version that's very cleary NOT finished
yet, just to show what's coming.

It's been over a year since the release of 1.4.1, and those not
following geeklog-devel may get the (wrong) idea that we're not getting
anywhere. So I thought it would be a good idea to show off what we
(almost) have and get some early feedback at the same time.

Just need to make it very clear that at this stage, anything (database,
themes, functionality) could still change and that nobody should really
try to run a site with it.

Okay, so what's the absolute minimum required to be able to release such
a preview? I can think of these:

1) Have all the plugins in the config GUI. I just checked in the Polls
config and hope to do the Calendar config tomorrow.

I don't bother too much about any details in the config for a preview -
just have everything there so you'd get an idea how it's supposed to work.

2) We need at least some rudimentary installation instructions for the
new installer. Any takers?

3) I realize that MS SQL support is broken in CVS right now. I can't
test or fix it and I'm willing to leave it at that for the preview.

Anything else I may have missed?

http://www.geeklog.net/
http://geeklog.info/