[geeklog-devel] Email Throttling (was GSoC 2008:Core notification service)

Blaine Lang devel at portalparts.com
Wed Mar 19 11:03:32 EDT 2008

Mailman which like most opensource projects is even used to manage this
list for email distribution and suspect every hosting service has it
setup. The main objective of the mailman project as I've scoped is to
use the Mailman API (still under development) to create and manage the
lists. Could this be used or extended to plugins to use the Mailman
services - sure but that was not in the initial scope.

We first need to be able to create and manage the full feature set of
lists and if we can do that as a plugin inside GL then we have
accomplished a lot and would open up a lot of areas to expand on.

BTW: The mailman project was not accepted by Google and I've contacted
Bruce (Mailman lead) who was anxious before to collaborate if he is
still willing.

Blaine