[geeklog-devel] Web Standards and new theme project.

Joe Mucchiello joe at ThrowingDice.com
Sun Mar 30 22:04:44 EDT 2008

At 09:38 PM 3/30/2008, todinishika wrote:
>Hi all,
>
>Apparently Geeklog not use good HTML DOCTYPE. There is now theme
>project in the SoC 2008. So we can get one step to that side also in
>addition to using best-practice web standards like XHTML and CSS.

The theme project for GSOC 2008 is about adding AJAX stuff to Geeklog
using the YUI classes developed by Yahoo!

>1. Can't we change HTML DOCTYPE to XHTML 1.0 Strict.

Geeklog 1.5 supports XHTML 1.0 Strict

>2. Can't we design site page layout using pure css.

You mean like this? http://www.gllabs.org/wiki/doku.php?id=chameleon

----
Joe Mucchiello
Throwing Dice Games