[geeklog-devel] Atom publishing

Damien Hodgkin dracul01 at gmail.com
Thu May 29 13:46:32 EDT 2008

In order for the ATOM enabled site to work properly with what you need, you
need to have your password properly setup and passed to the site as
a "digest" ie.
1. create a "nonce"
2. get the timestamp the nonce was created on in W3DTF format:
2003-12-15T14:43:07Z
3. create your password digest:
$PasswordDigest = Base64(SHA1("nonce goes here" + "Timestamp" + "password"))

Then you would send the PasswordDigest like this:

POST /atom.php HTTP/1.1
Host: www.example.com
Nonce="$Nonce", Created="$TimeStamp"

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<entry>
   <title>FOO</title>
   <created>$TimeStamp</created>
   <content type="application/xhtml+xml" xml:lang="en">
   </content>
</entry>

This looks confusing, but in all actuality it's pretty simple.
And really shouldn't be too hard to implement in PHP4.

Hope this info helps.