[geeklog-devel] For my friend, Vinny

Tony Bibbs tony at tonybibbs.com
Thu May 29 18:25:21 EDT 2008

Yeah, that's pretty much where I was going with it.  We've been talking about this pretty much all day and we think while this complexity is nice we need to consider using three basic levels of security checking:

1) Blog: Single user blogging about their own stuff.  They never intend to have their site act in any other capacity so no need to complicate the use of ACLs.
2) Community: This would essentially work just like 1.x
3) Enterprise: This would come with a full set of ACLs checks per our current discussion.

I'm not sure about the need for both 2 and 3 but I do feel strongly about needing #1.  In fact Michael suggested that during the install we should ask how they intend to use the software to help them pick the right path.

Thoughts?

--Tony