[geeklog-devel] Mercurial up and running

Dirk Haun dirk at haun-online.de
Sat Nov 15 15:38:08 EST 2008

Blaine Lang wrote:

>Mike added a section to the
>Mercurial usage page on the Wiki and I've just added a few notes as well.

That page was edited by 4 people on one day. Can we have that much
activity on other wiki pages, too, please? ;-)

>I now have 3 versions of Tortoise shell extensions installed as I have
>projects using CVS, SVN and now Mercurial.

From what I heard - can't remember if it was during the "Git vs. Hg
Shootout" session at the Mentor Summit or in a recent discussion on accu-
general - the Tortoise tools for Git and hg are not quite up to par with
their CVS and SVN equivalents, so beware. The basic functionality should
be there, though.

>I agree Dirk, Mercurial may very well have the best model.

Small success story of the day: I started working on Feature Request
#720, then noticed that I didn't have gdlib built into PHP on this
machine. So I pulled the one change I had already committed locally to
another machine, completed things there, pushed everything to the
central repository, and have now pulled everything back into the
repository I started with earlier today:

    iMac -> iBook -> cvs.geeklog.net -> iMac

No conflicts, everything's back in sync. This was only one file, but it
would just as well have worked for an entire set of files.

Things will get more interesting once there are branches involved ...

http://www.haun-online.de/accu/